Spanish Breakfast Eggs
SPANISH BREAKFAST EGGS
10 MINS | SERVES 4
- 4-6 General Poultry Eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sliced chorizo sausages
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 green capsicum, finely sliced
- 200 grams button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and black pepper
- Step 1.
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a frying pan and sauté chorizo until browned on both sides.
- Step 2.
Remove to a plate using a slotted spoon.
- Step 3.
Add onion and capsicum and sauté until lightly browned, stirring often.
- Step 4.
Add tomatoes and mushrooms and cook until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Step 5.
Season to taste with salt and pepper, add the parsley and oregano and return the chorizo. Cook briefly and set aside, keeping warm.
- Step 6.
Heat remaining oil in another pan and fry eggs to preference.
- Step 7.
Serve the chorizo mixture onto warmed plates.
- Step 8.
Top each with 1-2 eggs and serve.